Thursday 23 August 2007

Ritchie - Medusa

Hello Alwyn! Thanks for agreeing to this blog its good of you, sorry I haven't posted sooner. Hope you can help, the snakes on this medusa project have been driving me mad!! I've run into numerous problems but the main one is the seams where the snakes join to the head. Could you give me some advice on how I can go about matching the Displacement/bump and colour at the joins. I was thinking of doing the map for one snake and copying it onto a 4k map accross 26 snakes then varying them slightly. However doing the same with the displacement or bump and making the seams align to the head is a bit tricky. I'm thinking of putting each snake in their own uv space and generating maps for each, then I will have to asign a separate cluster and material for each snake. If you have any advice on this as well as how you would approach creature texturing I would be very greatful! Thankyou.

















No comments: